Whether you are looking for flexible work or to supplement your income from your primary job, Amazon Flex is an easy and convenient way to do this. If you follow the steps outlined in this article, you will be well on your way to starting your delivery journey.
What is Amazon Flex?
Amazon Flex is a gig-based delivery platform launched by online retail giant Amazon. The platform allows delivery drivers to pick up packages, groceries, and household items from an Amazon delivery station and deliver them to Amazon delivery customers.
Before getting started, Amazon Flex has a set of requirements they ask that all prospective drivers on the platform conform to. Before beginning your application to become a driver, it is important to make sure you conform to all these requirements in order to ensure a smooth application process.
- You must live in a city where Amazon Flex operates
- You must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and a social security number
- The vehicle you will utilize to make deliveries must be a 4-door midsize sedan or larger vehicle
- In order to download the Amazon Flex app, you must have either an iPhone or Android device
Now that you’ve ensured that you have everything that Amazon Flex requires its drivers to have, it’s time that you go about actually signing up for the app. This will allow you to begin delivering with Amazon Flex.
- Follow the prompts on the app, including signing in with an existing Amazon account or making a new account for Amazon Flex
- After making an account, you will need to submit the documents that Amazon Flex requires from its drivers
- This is in an effort to make sure you fulfill the driver requirements, as well as to conduct a background check
- After submitting documents, sit back and relax. It will take a while for your documents to be approved and for you to pass the background check
- Once you are able to actually make deliveries, you will be able to take advantage of delivery opportunities in the Amazon Flex app.
- The opportunities obviously depend on where you are located, but you are able to see all available delivery opportunities regardless of location.
- The delivery opportunities are called blocks. Each block is denoted with an expected completion time and the expected earnings from the block
- Once you select a block, you will be presented with a location in the Amazon Flex App
- You need to drive to the location and pick up the items
- Once the items are picked up, you need to drive to the specified drop off locations in order to make the deliveries
- Once your deliveries are complete, Amazon Flex will pay you via direct deposit.
A big advantage of using Amazon Flex is as compared to other gig based platforms, getting paid is actually quite simple. All you really need to do is connect your bank account to your Amazon Flex account, and payments will be processed every Tuesday and Thursday